As regular CFZ-watchers will know, for some time Corinna has been doing a column for Animals & Men and a regular segment on On The Track... particularly about out-of-place birds and rare vagrants. There seem to be more and more bird stories from all over the world hitting the news these days so, to make room for them all - and to give them all equal and worthy coverage - she has set up this new blog to cover all things feathery and Fortean.

Thursday 9 April 2015

UNKNOWN DIMENSIONS: Giant bird seen in Taney County

By SAM UPTEGROVE

Posted Apr. 8, 2015 at 8:29 PM 

A recent addition to the growing family of Unknown Dimensions readers, Angela recently sent me an email concerning a personal encounter she had less than two years ago in Stone County MO. “I was looking through some of your earlier columns and read about the large birds people had reported seeing here in the Ozarks. I immediately remembered my own sighting of what I believe was a Thunderbird, as they are often called, back in July of 2013.

“I remember it was late in the morning on a Wednesday, and it was sunny and already uncomfortably hot. I was driving south on what is called the River Run Road, on my way to visit a friend in Forsyth, and had just passed Silver Creek. All of a sudden I noticed something flying toward the road no higher than a private plane coming in for a landing, but if anything a little bit bigger than a Piper Cub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment